The unique aspect of SOCHAI is combination of services and product to maximize the output of our programs.
On the service aspect, we design and implement community based learning programs for different groups such as
- Aama Samuha/ Mother’s groups
- Golden 1000 days mothers (Pregnant/lactating mothers)
- Adolescent girls
- School children
- Health Workers and FCHVs
- Youth and young students
Our services are complemented and supported by our innovative products. To deliver this service, we select, train, recruit and mobilize youth volunteers who work at the ground level to conduct these programs.
• A total of 600+ mothers provided orientation on maternal and child nutrition and feeding using ‘Nutribeads bracelet’ in six districts
• Nutrition workshop conducted in 7 schools in 4 districts which benefited 3000+ school children, adolescent girls teachers and staff.
• 400+ health workers oriented about importance of community nutrition from a lifecycle approach.
• By selling our products, the Nutribeads and Redcycle bracelets, we are generating fund for project sustainability. We are also creating income opportunities for local artisans.
Through the fund raised by selling the bracelets, we were able to provide nutrition+hygiene packages and counseling to 150 disaster affected women and children in Terai region.
• More than 25 youth got capacity building opportunity and a platform to volunteer at community level.